Widgets

Google+

Saturday 16 August 2014

Carrot Cake

Recently, I made a carrot cake and I thought to share the recipe here. I have made a few times and the result is not consistent. Below is the recipe that I think has got a better result. It is not perfect yet. So maybe i will update it here if there is any improvement the next time I make it again.


carrot cake cream cheese frosting



PART 1: THE CARROT CAKE


Ingredients:

Wet ingredients
180 ml vegetable oil
1/3 orange juice & zest
3 eggs

Dry ingredients (combine all in one bowl, mix well)
230 g plain flour
235 g sugar
10 g baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp mix spice
pinch of salt

200 g carrot (grated)
60 g walnut (chopped)
60 g raisin

Method:

1. First is to grease the 2 baking loaf pan size 20 x 10 x 6 cm with some vegetable oil. Preheat oven at 175C.
2. Start off by mixing the wet ingredients. Into a big mixing bowl, put in the vegetable oil, zest in a third of an orange and juice it. Then with a hand mixer, mix in 1 egg at the time. Then add rest of the eggs.
3. Pour in the half of the dry ingredients. Mix well then pour the other half.
4. After the batter is well combined, use a spatula to fold in the grated carrot, chopped walnut and raisin. Then pour the batter into the loaf pan.
5. Bake in the oven for at least 45 minutes. Rotate it after 30 minutes.
6. When a pairing knife inserted comes out clean, it means the cake is ready. If not, bake for another 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes so that it is easier to handle. Remove cake from the loaf pan and let it cool completely on a cooling rack.

PART 2: THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING


Ingredients:

250 g cream cheese (room temperature)
25 g butter (room temperature)
42 g icing sugar
few drops of vanilla essence

Method:

Combine everything and mix well.

PART 3: FINISHING TOUCH


So after the cake is cooled down completely and the cream cheese is done, it is up to us to decorate and put it all together. Finally, we can put some garnishing on top (like some nuts or whatever you like or have on hand) as a finishing touch. 

1 comment:

  1. TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN AMOUNT FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello everyone, My name is Mrs. Carolin Glowski, I'm from Europe, am here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE after i applied Two times from various loan lenders who claimed to be lenders right here this forum, i thought their lending where real and i applied but they never gave me loan until a friend of mine introduce me to {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} the C.E.O of BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE who promised to help me with a loan of my desire and he really did as he promised without any form of delay, I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until i met {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} who really helped me with my loan and changed my life for the better. I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan also, So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen on his email address drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com


    THANKS

    ReplyDelete