Widgets

Google+

Thursday 21 August 2014

Eat in Medan (Indonesia) Pt.5-8

Part 5: Snacks & Exotic Foods


1. Satay Padang @Jl. Malaka 

Satay Padang is characterised by its signature rich-spicy sauce. The satay itself you can choose from beef, lamb, chicken, beef intestines, beef tripe, beef tongue and many more. 

sate-padang


2. 'Tok-Tok' - Non Halal, Siput (Snails) @Jl. Kalimantan

This Kalimantan Street is like a food heaven. There are many foods you can find there. A lot of school kids, young adults like to come here for lunch. I had these 2 snacks which I always love to eat - 'Tok-Tok' and siput (snails). 'Tok-Tok' is a mix of pork organs dish with thick sweet dark gravy. 
tok-tok-medan

These snails were quite small, but what I enjoyed most is the spicy broth. 
siput-snail-chaolo


3. Eel noodle soup, chicken feet, fried snake, fried 'biawak' (monitor lizzard) @Asia Mega Mas Jl. Asia

This is also another food street you can find in Medan. The fried 'biawak' tastes exactly like fried chicken. The meat texture is also very similar to chicken meat. The only difference is you cannot recognise which part of chicken is that.

eel-soup-exotic
chicken-feet-exotic

fried-snake-exotic
 fried-lizzard-exotic


Part 6: New Pastry Shops and Cafes


1. Sam’s Patisserie (Bread, Macarons & Cakes) @Jl. Uskup Agung

This is one of the popular new cake shops in Medan. They also have bistro besides their cafe. This establishment is also next Roemah Kopi Wak Noer, one of the popular hang place as well.

sam's-pattiserie-medan
 sam's-pattiserie-medan
sam's-pattiserie-medan
 sam's-pattiserie-medan

2. Howie Patisserie (Macaron & Cakes) @Jl. Babura Lama

This is another new cake shop in Medan. They sell many pretty cakes and there is a small seating space in their shop. I love their financier which I bought back to eat at home.

howie-patisserie-medan
howie-patisserie-medan


3. La Maison Patisserie (Macarons & Cakes) @Jl. Biduk

This is another popular macaron and cake shop in Medan, I can say they are the most expensive one. Their products are very fine and delicate. I bought 2 boxes of macarons including their signature flavour - salted caramel popcorn, 2 boxes of pineapple tarts and 2 cakes - chocolate dome cake and lime tart with molecular sphere on top of it.

lamaison-macaron-medan

4. Breadtalk (Bread & Cakes) @Thamrin Plaza Jl. Thamrin

This is just a bakery shop that has no seating space. I always love to eat swiss roll and layer cake. So I bought these 2 :D

breadtalk-medan


5. Bolu Meranti (Swiss Roll) @Jl. Kruing

Bolu Meranti was very popular 10 years ago. It is still popular now but there are a lot of competition and other new cakes now in the market. Their most popular product is the cheese swiss roll.

bolu-meranti-medan


Part 7: Coffee & Hang Out Places



Below are some new hang out places. 


1. Opal Coffee @Jl. Amir Hamzah

opal-coffee-medan


Part 8: Popular Snacks, Drinks & Desserts @everywhere


pisang-goreng
Tapioca & Banana Fritters
tempe-goreng
Fried 'Tempe'

teh-botol-sosro
Bottled Tea 'Sosro'
jus-alpukat
Avocado Juice

kopi-luwak
'Luwak' Coffee
bir-bintang
'Bintang' Beer

es-campur-cendol
'Es Campur' (Mix Shaved Ice)
kolak-pisang
'Kolak' (Tapioca Banana Dessert) 


1 comment:

  1. TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN AMOUNT FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello everyone, My name is Mrs. Carolin Glowski, I'm from Europe, am here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE after i applied Two times from various loan lenders who claimed to be lenders right here this forum, i thought their lending where real and i applied but they never gave me loan until a friend of mine introduce me to {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} the C.E.O of BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE who promised to help me with a loan of my desire and he really did as he promised without any form of delay, I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until i met {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} who really helped me with my loan and changed my life for the better. I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan also, So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen on his email address drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com


    THANKS

    ReplyDelete