Widgets

Google+

Friday 22 August 2014

Making Gyoza

Here's a quick post on my first attempt in making gyoza. It's not bad at all.
gyoza recipe


Ingredients:


Filling:
120 g minced pork
40 g minced chicken
3 stalks chopped spring onion
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp sake
3/4 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
pinch black pepper
1 tbsp potato starch

16 gyoza skin
Sesame oil for pan-frying

Sauce:
1 tbsp black vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp grated garlic


Method:

1. First, chop the minced pork and the minced chicken on the cutting board until fine and well combined.
2. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add rest of the ingredients.
3. Using your clean hand, mix all the ingredients together.
4. Put filling in all the gyoza skin.
5. Heat up 2 tbsp of sesame oil in a skillet. Put the 8 gyoza at a time. When it's sizzling, add 3 tbsp of water and cover to let it steam on a medium heat.
6. After 2 minutes add some more sesame oil and check the bottom. If it's already golden brown, flip it one time to cook the other side for 1 minute. If the skin colour below is looking golden yellow, then it's done.

Make: 16 gyoza

Reference for this recipe is from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8MBX-SXnmg. I did modify the ingredients here and there to match with what I have on hand. Credit to Cooking with Dog

1 comment:

  1. TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN AMOUNT FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello everyone, My name is Mrs. Carolin Glowski, I'm from Europe, am here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE after i applied Two times from various loan lenders who claimed to be lenders right here this forum, i thought their lending where real and i applied but they never gave me loan until a friend of mine introduce me to {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} the C.E.O of BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE who promised to help me with a loan of my desire and he really did as he promised without any form of delay, I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until i met {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} who really helped me with my loan and changed my life for the better. I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan also, So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen on his email address drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com


    THANKS

    ReplyDelete