Widgets

Google+

Friday 29 August 2014

Eat in Melbourne (Australia)

Here are the top 8 restaurants/cafes I went during my holiday in Melbourne. 


1. Kinfolk @673 Bourke St. 

Kinfolk is a social-enterprise cafe that re-directs their profits to various development projects. The people who work there are mostly volunteers.

kinfolk-melbourne


We had our brunch there, the avocado feta toast with coffee.

kinfolk-melbourne


2. Sophisticakes' Chocolate Cupcake @The Art Centre Sunday Market 


The display of the cupcakes in the Art Centre Sunday Market were so nice. I couldn't resist myself from buying this beautiful chocolate cupcake, it tasted good too.. so rich and chocolaty..


chocolate-cupcake

chocolate-cupcake


3. Il Dolce Freddo @116 Lygon St.


A friend of mine brought us here. I love the atmosphere of this ice cream parlour, a good place to hang out after dinner. Actually, we just had our Thai dinner at Ying Thai 2, which is just beside the ice cream parlour.


gelato


4. Mojito @Prahran Market


I went to check out The Essential Ingredient at the Prahran Market, recommended by a friend of mine. And we had our lunch in a random restaurant, Mojito, it was not bad. We ordered risotto and spaghetti.

risotto

spaghetti


I will not strongly recommend this restaurant in particular, but for people who love grocery shopping like me, I would recommend to visit the Prahran Market.

prahran-market-melbourne-australia



5. Lorca @Flinders Lane

This is a Spanish restaurant. We had a chorizo toast, curried lamb, and seafood paella.

chorizo-toast

curry-lamb

seafood-paella

wines


What I love most about this restaurant is that it's located in a small lane. You can see a lot of people passing by.


flinders-lane-melbourne-australia


6. Vialetto Ristorante @Docklands


This restaurant has moved to Docklands, previously it was at Hardware Lane when I had this piece of kangaroo steak and my husband had a crispy pork belly. The kangaroo steak was like a lamb steak, but tougher and had a weird aftertaste. Well, at least I've tried..


kangaroo-steak

pork-belly



7. Vue de Monde @Level 55 Rialto


This is the highlight of my Melbourne trip. The atmosphere of this restaurant was cozy and sophisticated. Their food was modern with an absolutely edgy presentation. Overall, it was a great fine dining experience. For more detailed review on Vue de Monde, click here.

vue-de-monde
 vue-de-monde

 vue-de-monde


8. Cafe Vue @Melbourne International Airport


We had this beautiful brunch before our flight back to Kuala Lumpur. 





Useful links:

Urbanspoon Melbourne
Wikitravel Melbourne
Melbourne Tram Map
Melbourne Google Map


1 comment:

  1. TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN AMOUNT FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello everyone, My name is Mrs. Carolin Glowski, I'm from Europe, am here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE after i applied Two times from various loan lenders who claimed to be lenders right here this forum, i thought their lending where real and i applied but they never gave me loan until a friend of mine introduce me to {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} the C.E.O of BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE who promised to help me with a loan of my desire and he really did as he promised without any form of delay, I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until i met {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} who really helped me with my loan and changed my life for the better. I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan also, So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen on his email address drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com


    THANKS

    ReplyDelete